Employee Worksite Orientation
New employees are oriented to the College by both the HR office and immediate supervisors. The HR office will address employment, compensation, benefits, leave, and college culture issues. This site is intended to assist the supervisor in covering the daily needs and routines of the workplace with the newly hired employee.
Links to the HR orientation available on the Web:
- About the College of Southern Idaho
- Our History & Mission
- Philosophy & Purposes, Who & What We Are
- Human Resources Philosophy
- CSI Organizational Chart
- Meet our Board of Trustees
- What is a Community College
- Our Culture as an Organization
- Your Benefits at CSI
- Policies and Procedures Manual
- Take a (Virtual) CSI Tour or view a Campus Map
The supervisor will fully address the following:
Complete a Work Order (submittal password = password) for appropriate office keys from maintenance, employees must pick up and sign for keys in person.
- Cover, explain and offer a copy of the job description to the new employee and obtain their signature.
- Share form and obtain initials indicating you explained the Employee Performance Standards the college uses for annual non-instructional staff evaluations (to be filed with supervisor).
- Define the salary, work schedule and office hours for the position.
- How to find/complete the required CSI Discrimination and Harassment training.
- How to find/complete the required Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Safety and security:
- Contact IT for telephone and number assignment and explain use.
Order a name tag from the campus Director of PR.
Request a desk/door name plate from maintenance by completing a Work Order (submittal password = password).
Order CSI business cards as needed.
Help locate in the office and become familiar with the CSI Emergency Procedures Manual.
Conduct a tour to meet and identify other essential services, personnel and buildings.
Tips and tools for the workplace and classroom:
Guidelines for All Employees:
Supervisor's Toolbox, including:
- Basic responsibilities of CSI supervisors: hiring and orienting and training
- Assigning work
- Evaluating and rewarding performance
- Approving time recrods and requests for time off
- Resolving complaints
- Discipline and dismissing employees
- Additional responsibilites, resources, and forms
Teaching Resources for Faculty:
Contact the HR Department: Eric Nielson, Director,
or Judy Heatwole, HR Specialist with questions about this site.