New Hire Information
New employees are oriented to the College by both the HR office and immediate supervisors. The HR office will address employment, compensation, benefits, leave, and college culture information. This site is also intended to assist the supervisor in covering the daily needs and routines of the workplace with the newly hired employee.
Conducting Background Checks
Supervisor: How to initiate a background check...
Adding the New Hire to Payroll
The new employee submits the following to HR:
Policy & Procedures Manual Employee Acknowledgement
Insurance Marketplace Acknowledgment
Direct Deposit form or Banking Institution Direct Deposit form with employees signature
CSI Application for Employment form (Only if you have NOT applied online)
Part-time Employee Notice regarding qualifications for health insurance
- New Hire Notice completed by the supervisor
- CSI Employee Information Form
- W-4 Form (print page 1 only)
- Form I-9 (print pages 1 & 2 only) and proper ID
CSI Culture & History
Links to the HR orientation available on the Web
- About the College of Southern Idaho
- Our History & Mission
- Philosophy & Purposes, Who & What We Are
- Human Resources Philosophy
- CSI Organizational Chart
- Meet our Board of Trustees
- What is a Community College
- Our Culture as an Organization
- Your Benefits at CSI
- Policies and Procedures Manual
- Take a (Virtual) CSI Tour or view a Campus Map
The Supervisor will Fully Address Worksite Information
Complete a Work Order for appropriate office keys from maintenance, employees must pick up and sign for keys in person.
- Cover, explain and have the new employee initial the job description. Give a copy to the employee and send a signed copy for their personnel file to Human Resources.
- Share form and obtain initials indicating you explained the Employee Performance Standards the college uses for annual non-instructional staff evaluations (to be filed with supervisor).
- Define the salary, work schedule and office hours for the position.
- How to find/complete the required CSI Discrimination and Harassment training.
- How to find/complete the required Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Safety and security:
- Contact IT for telephone and number assignment and explain proper use to the new employee.
Order a name tag from the campus Director of PR.
Request a desk/door name plate from maintenance by completing a Work Order (submittal password = password).
Order CSI business cards as needed.
Help locate in the office and become familiar with the CSI Emergency Procedures Manual.
Conduct a tour to meet and identify other essential services, personnel and buildings.
Tips and Tools
Workplace and classroom Guides
Guidelines for All Employees:
Supervisor's Toolbox, including:
- Basic responsibilities of CSI supervisors: hiring and orienting and training
- Assigning work
- Evaluating and rewarding performance
- Approving time recrods and requests for time off
- Resolving complaints
- Discipline and dismissing employees
- Additional responsibilites, resources, and forms
Teaching Resources for Faculty:
Contact Eric Nielson, Director,
or Judy Heatwole, Wellbeing & Development Coordinator, with questions about this site.